top of page
What can parents of an autistic child do?

What can parents of an autistic child do?
If you suspect that your child may be showing signs of autism, you should:

Talk with your pediatrician or family doctor about your concerns. He or she can help determine whether the symptoms 
are due to autism, a related disorder, or some other condition.
If necessary the doctor can refer your family to a specialist who treats autism in your people.
Get accurate information from libraries, hotlines, or other sources.
Ask questions about treatment and services.
Talk to other families in your community.
Find family network organizations.

If you are not satisfied with the mental health services your family is receiving, you should discuss your concerns with 
the provider, ask for information, and, if necessary, seek help from another provider.

bottom of page